2022/11/25

What happened to 2022 goals?

... Truthfully, I have no idea. 😂

I reread the most recent post (which is obviously not so recent) - published in January, early this year; my goal on something about reading and writing more. Whops, guilty as charged. Guess that goal is going to be carried forward in 2023.

Personally, 2022 has been a transitioning year for me. Well, I could actually speak on behalf of the country too since we just had our 15th general election, witnessing the formation of a unity government formed by DS Anwar Ibrahim as the Malaysian 10th Prime Minister. As of now, we are waiting for the cabinet line up which I think, will be known by next week. It is also important to note that it is my first time voting and I'm glad I'm part of the change! Weee, what a time to be alive! Alhamdulillah. 

As mentioned, this year has been a transitioning year. It was physically, emotionally, and mentally exhausting, challenging yet filled with growth and lessons nevertheless. I resigned from the former firm in the first week of September (issued my notice in June and served my three months notice per employment contract) and had been unemployed since. It was tough yet refreshing. Some days felt like living in a pressure cooker of uncertainties, others mostly gave me a sense of peace and productivity, especially to be spending those days with or for my loved ones. And loved ones would include me in the equation. I wrote in the past tense because yes, praise to the Almighty, I was just offered a position as an in-house legal counsel of an MNC. Allah SWT's plan never fails to amaze me. I am beyond thankful and relieved. Indeed with hardship, there's ease. May this new journey be filled with healthy growth. Aamiin.

I would want to write more, but I am super sleepy. But it's also 3.15 a.m, I guess my body is giving me the sign to rest.  And I have a duty call later at 8.30 a.m to send Fateehot to TBS; she's going back to UiTM Machang after two weeks of online distance learning and a mid-semester break. It still feels surreal, sometimes realizing your younger siblings are growing into full-fledged adults. May Allah protect them always. 

I also have a breakfast date with Alya tomorrow. Something to also be looked forward to. And the whole family (except Ihsan who had to work full-shift at a neighborhood convenience store) sent Ibu off to London at KLIA just now. Her 13-hour flight departed at 11.45 p.m. so she currently sleeping in the flight, I think. Or is reading Quran because that's what she usually does in her free time. Very happy for Ibu, she deserves this holiday with her girlfriends. Being a housewife also means you're constantly working every hour of the day and she deserves this trip more than anyone else. I'm thrilled for her vacation with Auntie Ema and Auntie Fazie; triple F trip, she said. 

See. 

So much stuff to write and update. Sometimes what restricts me from writing is the fact that I tend to blabber randomly, so it's a huge pressure to be writing in an articulate flow. But since the goal is to write more, let me just figure out the style later while typing down all the words. This time, I don't want to miss out on the chance of writing again. Even if it is just for a short paragraph. I also plan to utilize this site productively; I will be posting all my notes in bullet points of the oil and gas industry or KL stock exchange because I'm now in the season of befriending business and commercial jargon. I will also randomly be sharing my favorite lines from the book I read, some bombastic words, and interesting adjectives I found through my reading. I also look forward to sharing events, regardless of significant or little on this site. 

After all, my end goal is that I want to be able to express myself better. I also wish to explore and learn about myself finer. Busy life or life-centering-social-medias-during-free-time can sometimes mislead me to an identity whom I thought I must be, while all along I can comfortably exist as myself. I want this site to be an intimate platform for me to figure things out like how it has always been since my childhood days. InsyaAllah, that's the vision we're going. 

Moga istiqamah. If I tak istiqamah... I think I will just keep trying je la 🐵 

Okay, to the next post tomorrow, hitting the sack now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rambling about: my right foot

Tomorrow, 19.12.2022, is my first day of work as a corporate in house counsel.  It feels pretty surreal. Nerve-wrecking too. I've been i...