2022/01/18

2021 Recap

I am quite nervous while typing this out, thinking what if this post makes it to the draft collection, rather than a published blog post? Lord, I am so bad with expressing myself. Over the years, I have grown so insecure about everything from my thought process to language and vocabulary. But it's 2022 and I'm going to be 25 years old this year... /cries/ So my new year resolutions are, among others, to read and write more. Very simple goal but the biggest enemy in the picture would be my procrastination self and... limited time for the huge chunk of my 24 hours are to be shared with clients now. Gorgeous gorgeous girls be living that corporate life but lowkey are depressed

My previous post was a year ago in December 2020 and it's January 2022 now. It has been a year. 2021 is certainly a year of flavours - my previous post was a quick announcement on me embarking pupillage and at present, not that I only have completed my pupillage, I have officially graduated and being called to the bar too! You heard it right, I'm a LLB (Malaya) holder and officially a lawyer (!!!) Can you believe it? These milestones are still surreal to me. I made it through the thunderstorms; I made it to the shore. I also received a retainment offer as a legal associate from the department I assisted with as a pupil. I accepted the offer and have been working as legal executive from September - November, and as legal associate on 10th December onwards when I was officially called to the bar.

In July of the same year, my small family was infected with Covid-19. My mom was diagnosed with stage-5 Covid infection, was sent to MAEPS and eventually Hospital Sungai Buloh. While the rest of us were infected with stage-3 Covid infection, obtained home surveillance order. It was a nightmare for all of us. We were all yet to be vaccinated at that point of time, except for myself - I had my AstraZeneca first dose, a week prior to the infection. Thankfully with the Almighty's love and grace; and continuous prayers from families and friends who care about us, we are able to reunite as family again. Syukur, Alhamdulillah. 

I believe those are the significant stories to be highlighted for now.
In essence, 2021 was personally a challenging and uncomfortable year to me, having to constantly adjust to life demands. I would rate it 5 over 10; negative 5 for occasionally having to put my physical and mental health on pause, and positive 5 for the daily milestones reached. I can still say that even on my rough days, I would still get up and attempt to give my all. My everyday is filled with growth, definitely. 

And I'm welcoming 2022, this year with growth coupled with love, patience, perseverance, tenacity and strength. 

May I find my little wins daily to keep me going. 

Aamin.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Rambling about: my right foot

Tomorrow, 19.12.2022, is my first day of work as a corporate in house counsel.  It feels pretty surreal. Nerve-wrecking too. I've been i...