2017/08/11

Special Gift



As I grow older, one thing that comes to my realisation is that I tend to put my family first in everything I do. Or in short, I start to appreciate them more. I try so hard not to hurt my parents' feelings in any way as well as putting effort to understand them better. There is this one quote which I believe we all are familiar with it, 'we are busy growing up and sometimes we forget that our parents are also getting older', I can relate this to another whole new level. 

As you all know that I am on my semester break, my time is mostly spent with my family, especially with my mother. Since she is now working as an insurance agent so her working time is very flexible that we always have a talk while cooking in the kitchen or in the car when we are on our way to somewhere. 

This time around, we were in the car on our way back home from Subang Jaya to settle some important stuff for Ihsan. We were talking about house and land values, and how some people are able to have several houses or land that they reserve for their children later when they grow up.  I believe that most of their luxurious life comes from their hard work and I aspire to work very very very hard and gain blissfully. Someday in the future, insyaAllah. 

Suddenly while we were talking, my mom went like.. 


"Ibu ayah tak ada harta ataupun tanah nak bagi anak anak ibu. Tak mampu" calmly while her eyes were still focused on the driving. 

Danggg, why suddenly she brought this up...


"Tapi ibu sentiasa niatkan Al-Waiqah untuk anak-anak ibu. Moga doa-doa ibu untuk anak-anak ibu dimurahkan rezeki, diperkenankan"


....Oh no, suddenly the atmosphere became emotional. Both of my eyes were already filled with tears and I quickly glimpsed outside the window. That was so unexpected coming from her.


One fact I know about my mother, she reads Quran a lot, everyday without fail. She will wake up around 5am, clean up herself, solat sunat and read the Quran. I always hear her voice reading Al-Waqiah and Ar-Rahman from my room but not even once I had an idea that all the beautiful recitations are meant for us.


I hope my mom knows that nothing in this world, be it in monetary or materials form, could beat the beauty of her prayers that are exclusively dedicated to us. 





I hope that I will be able to make Ibu and Ayah proud of me one day, though I know they are, already. And I also hope that one day, I am able to follow my mom's kind traits for my future kids, ewahhh gitu. ((hahaha but seriously I want to raise them up like how my parents are raising me now) 


May Allah bless our parents and grant them the highest of jannah insyaAllah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rambling about: my right foot

Tomorrow, 19.12.2022, is my first day of work as a corporate in house counsel.  It feels pretty surreal. Nerve-wrecking too. I've been i...