2017/08/17

1/3 of The Sixteen


It almost three years since the day I bid Taiping goodbye and since then, my classmates have always been trying to gather for a reunion. This time around (which took us three years after we sat for SPM), we determined to make it happen. I would say that it was  Aliah's effort to private message each one of us while at the same time we were discussing in our class group. I also helped, 0.1% of the whole plan by surveying homestay which at last we ended up not there HAHAHA We just wanted to cut the budget and at the same time, there was last minute pull out due to inevitable circumstances. But that is okay'cause we are going to do this every year #sotheycantbeabsentnextyear

The previous weekend was probably one of the best parts of this semester's holiday. It started on Friday evening when I picked up Wani (who got lost in the building to find ATM machine) at TBS and Maryam who reached my house at 2am while Wani and I were still up, laughing, reminiscing the great old school memories. 


The next morning was the highlight of the weekend, the gathering! So, out of 24 people of class 16, there were the 8 of us; 6 girls and 2 boys; Ai, Aliah, Amirah, Maryam, Wani, Uzair, Luqman Asri and I.  

8 people???

Like seriously, a class gathering of 8 people???

I know, that is like 1/3 of the class (look guys I am still good at fraction) but I personally think that it was a great achievement 'cause majority of my classmates are from the north but they tried their best to make it to this little meet up held in KL  #sistouching. Also, those who could not make it also tried their best to attend but what to do when the time clashed with their personal business that they had to attend #stillsistouching

We had brunch in Seoul Garden, Paradigm Mall and performed our zohor prayer before we off to One Utama to play bowling. After bowling, we had bingsu for evening dessert. Time was absolutely well-spent as we had a very very nice catch-up. My heart felt so warm to be sitting in round, looking at my friends' faces and I hope this friendship will stay as it is for a long long time. (Aamiin)



 



After some time, we were tired of the boys already  (BAHAHA I bet they were the one who got tired of us), so we sent Uzair and Luqman Asri to KL Sentral before we headed to Kepong, where Aliah is staying. On our way, we stopped by Mydin to buy groceries 'cause we were going to have a picnic on the next day. That night, we had dinner at a Thai restaurant and planned to go for a karaoke. Luck was not on our side (or more likely that Allah wanted us to have a rest #veryoptimistic), most of the karaoke centers were attached to pub and bar so we had no choice except to go home which actually a good idea 'cause most of us were actually very tired and sleepy. In the car on our way home, we scrolled the windows down and sang a lot of random malay indonesian songs wholeheartedly. We sang so well especially a song by Armada, Asal Kau Bahagia. I think it is time for us to quit whatever we are doing now and debut ourselves as a girl band #brilliantidea #theonlywaywecansticktogetherasagroup

I slept next to Ai and Amirah that night very comfortably ♥


The next morning, we woke up for subuh but did not go back to sleep, instead we cooked for breakfast (ehem yes we did. pm for my phone number). We divided tasks; some of us cooked the bee hoon, some prepared sandwiches, and some fried the meatball. That breezy morning, we managed to have a girl talk which later led to the lat tali tamplon game to decide who will shower first. We got ready and off to the south. We stopped by Taman Saujana Hijau for a mini-picnic at one noon (what were we thinking hahaha), prayed at Masjid Besi and had late lunch in Alamanda. Later, we went to TBS and I sent everyone back to their hometown. Told you that they stayed in the north except for Aliah and I. Before I went home, I stopped by at Aliah's house because I freaking left my purse at her house (which means I drove the whole day without a license from Kepong to Putrajaya) #luckilynoroadblock #clumsyasalways #lessonlearnt

Picnic at one noon with a black plastic bag as a mat? NO PROBLEM


Everyone looks sweet but  Aliah kills the mood with her new style #veryretroish #shelistenstosinarfmiguess


Don't frown Maryam. What to do when I am naturally cuter than you #canthelpit #iwasbornthisway



❤ 6/14 girls of class 16  ❤




A photo with our personal photographer, he deserves a picture with us the cool ladies #youarewelcomeLA


I realise that all of us have changed in our own way  (at least a little bit, not necessarily be a big change); we were not exactly the same person who we were used to be in school. That is for sure because life is moving forward and some events do shape us into someone new. Nevertheless of who we are today, the same old beautiful feeling is still there unchanged 

I am truly blessed and genuinely happy for this meetup. Words may not be enough to express the emotion I have been having lately. Whenever loneliness strikes, I cannot help it but feel a little bit of emptiness. I wish to spend more time with these people or to start over my upper high-school life all over again with the same buddies I had a wonderful time with. 

Thank you, Allah for these awesome people (everyone including those who cannot make it too). 


and you are welcome guys, for my presence in your life #iknowyouguysloveme

Till next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rambling about: my right foot

Tomorrow, 19.12.2022, is my first day of work as a corporate in house counsel.  It feels pretty surreal. Nerve-wrecking too. I've been i...