2017/09/05

Busy Cuzzie

On my way to Opah's

It has been a long holiday for the Malaysians; started on Thursday merdeka, Eid Adha on Friday, the weekend Saturday and Sunday, and a Monday off as a reward for our athlete's outstanding performance in SEA Games #perksofbeingMalaysians #peoplefromothercountriesmustbejealous. My family spent two days in our Kg Gajah hometown, and a night at Mak Teh's home in Manjung before we went back to Kg Gajah again. It was Saturday evening, my family was on our way to Opah's house from Manjung. This time around, the vibe felt different because I had a splendid morning that day. 

My Saturday morning was productively enjoyed with my cousins. Actually, we did nothing special; we typically walked around most of the malls in Manjung lol. I ain't kidding, we wandered through Tesco, Giant and Aeon. We bought tidbits and had fun catching up with each other's life update while munching the pretzel from Auntie Anne.

I love the serenity of a long drive (but definitely not when I'm the driver lol #backacheproblem). I am able to enjoy the scenery outside of a window, cherishing the blue sky, fluffy clouds and birds flying high. It's a +1 when sunset or drizzles comes along. And when you combine the weather and memories, it is just heartwarming. I was looking at the grey sky, turning darker every minute as it almost Maghrib. My cousins' face appeared one by one floating in the sky slide show. My emotions ran wild through my blood. These faces are going to get married later, they'll have a husband/wife, children to prioritise and we cannot go lepak and laugh like a mad person like we always do. Ok lah fine... maybe we can still go lepak but it would not be the same. Aaaaaa I hate growing up.

Abang Sham just graduated and got that PhD and currently working as a full-time lecturer in UPSI (omg aren't you the same person who watched power rangers with me?) Kak Ana is now working 24/7 (even during the weekend too sometimes!) in the lab. Kak Ain and Tikah just started working and they are doing so well. And during the raya night, Ati was busy balancing an account belongs to the playschool she's working with... I think she deserves a raise.  While Adib, Mar and I are now pursuing our passion (read: dying in accomplishing our degree studies) and let's pray that we'll survive with flying colour. 

I feel so emotional to digest the fact that we all are grown ups. I remember vividly that we all used to be naked and mandi kolah together and filled it with bubbles of soap. It was like a pool party but kampung version lol. We were scolded by opah and our moms later hahaha good times :') There was this one phase when I was a fan of akademi fantasia (I guess most of us were huh?).  So we gathered in one of the rooms and did the roleplay of AF's audition. My songs to go are nasyid range lol and we took turns to act as savage judges;Kudsia Kahar, Adlin Aman Ramli. Someone will also volunteer to imitate Aznil the MC for our small entertaining concert. Well hunny, you gotta dream big they said.


Ahhh I miss the old times spent with them. I pray that this bond will last eternally Aamiin.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Rambling about: my right foot

Tomorrow, 19.12.2022, is my first day of work as a corporate in house counsel.  It feels pretty surreal. Nerve-wrecking too. I've been i...