2017/07/25

Letting Go



Lately, I have been detoxing unwanted negativity elements in my life. I removed people and let go wishes which meant to stay wishes. I realise that as I get older I tend to be very cautious with every decision I make and I become choosy with people whom I want to surround with. There were several friendships that I chose to give up, hence it did not turn up such way it supposed or used to be. It is really sad when you do not talk anymore with someone who you previously share your days, your insecurities, your hopes, your ambition- basically, someone who you were attached at heart with. 

Walking away is not an easy thing. It really takes a huge courage. I took a big step of moving on from unhealthy friendships; one which gets me tired and one day, I had enough so I decided to give up. The weight of memories did kill me a little from time to time (even until this day). On some nights and empty days, I had thought like, "Why did this friendship end?" or me wishing to go back to old days, but I know myself for sure that will not likely be happened. 

Tonight is one of the nights where I am lying on my bed, counting the old memories but I just do not want to go back.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Rambling about: my right foot

Tomorrow, 19.12.2022, is my first day of work as a corporate in house counsel.  It feels pretty surreal. Nerve-wrecking too. I've been i...