2019/07/12

Right to Choose

"Qausar, what are the traits you look in a guy?"

"... I don't know, as long as he can accept me kut"

"Babe, you always focus on whether the other person can accept you or not. What about your right to choose?"

---

Had this conversation a few days ago with a friend and God knows how much it hits me until today. I'm aware that it's unhealthy for me to always deprive my own right to love and be loved. But then I couldn't help myself to think that, not until I'm pretty enough, thin enough, academically performed enough - I can let myself to choose the type of guy I want to be with.

Of course, I have the idea of traits I'm looking in a person. But to utter it out? I feel sorry to myself that it's not going to be easy in anytime soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rambling about: my right foot

Tomorrow, 19.12.2022, is my first day of work as a corporate in house counsel.  It feels pretty surreal. Nerve-wrecking too. I've been i...